Monday, October 4, 2010

Fried Chocolate

I went to the Texas State Fair yesterday. I easily skipped the fried beer, fried lemonade, fried frito pie (inexplicably, an award winner for best tasting item), and fried PB&J sandwiches, but I did sample the fried chocolate and, oh my, was it very gooooood! I also stood in line for a good 30 minutes for a Fletcher's corny dog so I definitely had my quota of fried foods for awhile. It was the first time I'd been to the fair in probably five years. Seeing all of the excited kids, I couldn't help but think about how badly I want to someday take my own child to these types of events. Hopefully someday.

I started Estrace yesterday and added Cetrotide this evening. It's funny because even though this is my third IVF, this afternoon I found myself feeling a bit anxious about having to do an injection this evening. It went fine, of course. My nurse expects AF to arrive on Thursday and I'm scheduled for my baseline ultrasound & bloodwork on Friday. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do if AF doesn't arrive on Thursday so I e-mailed my nurse this afternoon & I'm waiting on her reply. I just wish that the day after my scheduled ultrasound wasn't the weekend as I'm worried I won't be able to get in when I need to be seen. Hopefully this will all be a moot point and AF will cooperate for once, but it all has me pretty anxious.

I've had a couple bouts of anxiety over my upcoming cycle (mostly when I did my budget), but except for worrying about the timing of things, I've been surprisingly calm. It really doesn't feel real yet & part of that may be that last time I was canceled three times so a part of me expects something to come along and mess everything up. I really am usually a glass half full gal, but not when it comes to infertility.

In other news, after a bunch of stops & starts, I've finally managed to stick to my diet for six weeks straight & I've lost about 75% of the weight I gained during & after my cycle last spring. I was hoping to lose all of it, but at least I'm finally seeing the numbers on the scale getting smaller rather than bigger!

There's some stuff going on at work & I'm not sure how it's all going to shake out, but I'm hoping eventually it will lead to a new position. I'm really ready for a change after being in the same role for five years, especially since the role at this new company is very watered down compared to how challenging the role used to be. I finally decided that I can't keep putting every aspect of my life on hold in case I get pregnant. Feeling like my career has stagnated the last three years has been bothering me a lot so I'm really hoping that something exciting & new will come along soon.

Thinking of you all.

T.

4 comments:

  1. Fried chocolate? Interesting?!! And congrats on the weight loss!! Hope something positive shakes out from your work place too. I'd love a change too but there's alot of perks to my job and thus I am content...for now. Hope your AF cooperates this week...anxiety is building for me as well that she will cooperate this week also. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must know more about this fried chocolate....I haven't been to the State Fair in forever but I always think "I want to go!" I fell down in one of those funhouse tunnels and have never lived that one down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could tell by the title of your post that the State Fair had to be involved. I never made it there when I lived in Texas, but I have heard stories about all the amazing fried things. I am having serious envy about the fried chocolate - it sounds like a thing of beauty! And kudos to you on the weight loss, especially in light of your visit to the fair!
    I'm really rooting for you this time and hope you are going to have some great news in the near future. But I also totally agree that you should do what you need to do with your job and not worry about the "what ifs" - I wasted too much time these past few years doing that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried Chocolate sounds AMAZING! Congrats on the weight loss and getting things moving with IVF #3. I really hope this is *the* one for you!

    ReplyDelete