Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feeling like the wheels are coming off...

At my ultrasound this morning, I was thrilled to see that the follicles on my right ovary had a nice growth spurt since yesterday. Yesterday, the lady that scanned me estimated that I'd have 3-6 follicles from the right ovary and today she estimated 6-8 (same person both days). With such a great growth spurt in 24 hours, I assumed my E2 would take a nice jump, but it only rose by 20%. My E2 last cycle was 2,700 on trigger day & I ended up with 11 mature follicles. Right now my E2 is 1,825 and they're estimating I'll have 12-15 follicles > 15mm, which makes me wonder how many are going to be mature. It seems like most sites say that E2 should be 200/follicle although a few say 150/follicle. Either way, I need my E2 to take a nice jump tomorrow. It's my understanding that if E2 doubles every 48 hours, it's a positive sign for egg quality so I'm really bothered by this marginal increase. It just doesn't take much for me to start losing hope for a better outcome.

After my counseling session yesterday, I went to the receptionist to pay for the session. She told me there was no charge since this was something they required me to do. Just now I noticed a $300 charge on my credit card. For those of you doing DE, were you charged $300 for your counseling session?

I was feeling really run down today so we ended up staying here today. We went to see RED, which was a big disappointment. Tonight my throat started hurting a little bit. I really hope I'm not coming down with a cold right before my retrieval.

The only good news today is that the nurse seems to think Dr. Surrey will be doing retrievals on Saturday. Since he's my doctor & he did my last retrieval, I feel more comfortable with him doing this retrieval too.

T.

3 comments:

  1. Hey T, hoping you'll be wow-ed beyond your hopes at ER. With regard to the counselling session, it was included in the DE package price. So if you do have to undergo DE, just advise them of this charge and have them credit the package price maybe. Or challenge it now since they did tell you it was no cost. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the counseling session before we were in the DE program, but we weren't charged. You should ask the business office about it.

    Dr S did my ER too and he was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry too much about the E2...it might make an even bigger jump on your next check. As long as it doesn't plateau or go down, I think you're good.

    Wishing you nothing but the best!

    ReplyDelete