Monday, October 11, 2010

Nervous

I think the first rule of infertility is that there must always be something to worry about. At my ultrasound on Saturday, I had what the technician believes to be a follicle that measured 10.8mm. In the many baseline ultrasounds I've had, I've never had a follicle >7mm so I'm confused as to why I've got one that's so big on CD2. My hormone levels looked fine so Dr. Surrey let me start stims on Saturday night. I'll have my first stim check tomorrow and I'm nervous that my little overachiever follicle is going to be huge & cause a problem for my cycle. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Oh, and zen me has apparently left the building. There was a giant cluster about getting same day blood results on Saturday and I burst into tears not once, but twice because of the stress. I NEVER do that.

T.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know the feeling!! That happened to me when I was waiting for same day blood testing during my mock cycle - not even the real cycle - so sorry all of this is so stressful! Sorry no comments with regard to follie sizes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be fine with that follie, as long as your hormones looked good. It may get over-mature and get sacrificed, but it shouldn't interfere with the growth of the other.
    I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best on this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate that tear inducing stress of an IVF cycle. I know it so well...sometimes I'm amazed I made it through five cycles without punching someone :)
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete