Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Slowly, but surely...

my little turtle follicles are crawling to the finish line. Today is stim day 11. My E2 doubled again over the last 48 hours and it looks like I have a shot at up to 15 mature eggs before it's all said and done (I think at least one is going to be too mature). No matter what happens, I know that CCRM has given me the very best shot at success with my OE. Before CCRM, I never dreamed I'd get 10+ eggs in a cycle.

It looks like I'll be stimming another two days and that my retrieval will be on Saturday. Excluding the cost of the additional medication, It's going to cost an extra $500 or so to be here an extra day (including changing our airline tickets), but it is what it is.

I had a second acupuncture session this afternoon and I plan to go again on Thursday. Since the follicles on my right side are a little behind those on the left side, the acupuncturist only did electrical stimulation on the right side today. I hope it gives the follicles on the right side the little extra push to make it to 15mm by Thursday.

I had a good session with the CCRM counselor today to discuss DE. I was really happy to find out that there were so many books geared for children of various ages that discuss DE. I think my only worry about DE is that it will take me a long time to find a suitable donor although I've decided to be flexible about hair color since I don't want to limit myself to only a handful of donors (I'm a redhead).

I've done so much shopping since I've been here that I'm going to have to ship some stuff home. I found some great deals at Macy's today and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off so I just couldn't pass any of it up. I'd been putting off buying winter clothes until I was here since I knew it would help me to fill up my days, but I can't recall a time when I've had this much luck shopping. It's been a lot of fun.

Tomorrow we're planning on going to The Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs.

T.

5 comments:

  1. Hey T! That's fantastic that your banking on 15 follies!! And what's really exciting is all the luck you've had shopping - so nice when that happens! Have a great day at Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs - really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifteen !!! Awesome! Hoping for continued great news--have fun at garden of the gods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to reassure you that no one will think anything is amiss if you do not have a redheaded child. I am also a redhead from a family of redheads and had 4 biological children with the exact shade of brown hair.
    Since the gene for red hair is not dominant even if your husband is also redheaded it is still possible to have nonredheaded children as some redheads only carry have one gene for the red color. Have you known a redhead who was a blond as a child? They most likely only have one gene for red. If you have a chance look up the genetics of this particular hair color, it is very interesting.
    Hope this helps. What you may want to look for is a Scottish or Irish background, you are much more likely to pick up the redheaded gene that way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well out there! I love shopping at Park Meadows Mall - it is so nice. I can easily make a day of it (and have!). That's fun that you have gotten some good stuff.
    And it sounds like your follies are making good progress.
    I was also impressed by all the neat books out there for kids who were conceived in all variety of manners. It's going to be interesting to start buying some those.
    As for the hair color, I know as a single mom you would prefer to have a red-headed child, but it is true that unless you picked a red-headed sperm donor (did you??), you wouldn't be guaranteed to have a red-headed child. But that is a good point about looking for Scottish or Irish background...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grow follies grow! I'm glad you are having a good time in Denver, sorry it is going to be longer than expected, I know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete