Thursday, October 21, 2010

Discouraged

My E2 only increased by 225 today. I just don't know what to make of this because with my two previous IVF cycles, I had a nice E2 increase the day of trigger. This morning my nurse said she expected a really nice jump in my E2 based on my follicle growth & my history so I was quite shocked when she called this evening. On my left ovary, eight of the nine follicles are at least 15mm. On my right ovary, only three of the eight follicles are 15mm or greater with several measuring 13-14mm so those have an outside shot at being mature. For 11 mature follicles, an E2 of 2,000 is about right so hopefully I'll still get a good number of mature follicles. I read last night that poor E2 rise the last four days of stims isn't a good sign. I guess overall my E2 tripled the last four days, but I'm very concerned with the crappy increases the past two days. I trigger at 9:30 tonight & my retrieval will be 8:30MT on Saturday morning.

T.

6 comments:

  1. I know how it feels to be disappointed. I am so hoping this cycle is it for you and you won't need to go the DE route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to analyze too much.. You are in good hands at CCRM.. they are the experts. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for the best T...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and hoping for a great ER on Saturday. I am so sorry that things are not going as you had hoped... boy do I know that feeling! Keeping you close in my thoughts in the next two days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I just don't think you can put too much stock in how much E2 rises as long as it's rising. I've been following IVF cycles a long time (??!!) and there just too much variability to say anything definitively. Hang in there--you're almost to ER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you!! all will go smoothly tomorrow and i just know they will get a bunch of great eggs...ill bee keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete