Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lucky #7?

My transfer was yesterday so I am officially PUPO with what hopefully will be Lucky #7! Seven is off to a great start...100% cell survival, fully expanded & just starting to hatch at the time of transfer. This is my first attempt at posting a picture on my blog so hopefully it will work.



I guess I've become so conditioned for bad news, that I'm almost a little unnerved by how perfect everything seems on paper. I'm relieved, optimistic, excited, and nervous all at once. At my last check, my Estrogen was on the low side, but it is now up to 475 so well above the 300 that CCRM is looking for. My Progesterone was slighly low at 17.6 so they've upped my PIO dosage & I'll have it rechecked with my beta next week. I've had slight crampiness today, but I know it's way too soon for that to be anything other than a side effect from the Progesterone.

The lady who drew my blood remembered me when she saw me. She did a little cheer since she knew I was finally headed for a transfer after two retrieval cycles. So sweet! I did the pre & post-transfer acupuncture, which really helped with my nerves. I could tell when I arrived at CCRM that my blood pressure was high, but after the first round of acupuncture I felt better and it was the first time I haven't had a high BP reading at CCRM. Dr. Surrey was wonderful. He jokingly asked me if I wanted zero or one embryo put back. I really needed my mom for emotional support so I was grateful that she made the trip. I wasn't planning on using a wheelchair at the airport, but Dr. Surrey specifically told her to make me use the wheelchair so I have no choice in the matter since she's as stubborn as I.

Today is my baby Belly's 3rd birthday so I thought I'd post a picture of her. My dad assured me he's spoiling "the girls" rotten while I'm away.

Belle ("Belly Girl"):



Ruffles:



T.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am so excited for you that you are finally PUPO and that your mom was able to go with you. So hopeful for a great beta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust! Grow little embaby, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like the perfect transfer!! A hatching normal embryo, doesn't get much better than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does college seem too far away for your needs? Do you feel like you can not afford to pay for it? The great thing is that single parents are now helped by different funding programs.A student loan is one of the options. But the bad side about this is that you will have to give the money back. Still, you need to know that there are many programs specially created for the single parents. They are grants for single parents. They will give you the chance to obtain financial aid. Learn more:

    financial help for single Dads

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH TXGirlie!! So excited for you and CROSSING fingers LN7 is it! Beautiful dogs too! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news! I'm so excited for you, and am also really glad that your mom could make the trip with you. And your pups are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I just stumbled upon your blog. I hope you don`t mind if I follow it :)
    I`m a Canadian (soon to be) surrogate mother. Here`s my blog in case you want to check it out: http://lifeasaluce.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with the transfer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great news! I am keeping everything crossed that Lucky number 7 sticks around for the next 9 months or so! :)

    ReplyDelete