Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Crappy Day (6dp5dt)

Just before noon today, I had some reddish spotting when I wiped after peeing. I e-mailed my nurse and she said to rest, if possible, so I took sick time this afternoon and laid on the couch with my legs elevated. Later in the afternoon, I started seeing brownish blood after peeing. I had brownish bleeding with my first two pregnancies (both biochemical) so for me that has never been a promising sign. Also, it seems like 11dpo would be late for implantation bleeding, no?

I made my mind up weeks ago that I wouldn't POAS until tomorrow evening when I wouldn't have to face work for a few days if it was negative. Well, my resolve went out the window with the bleeding episode so I POAS with two different tests and both were BFN. I think it had been about 2.5 hours since I'd last peed (I'd had little to drink) when I took the tests and my urine was quite yellow so I think it should have been concentrated enough to pick up HCG if it was present. The brownish bleeding followed by the negative HPTs has me in complete meltdown mode. About three hours after taking my HPT, I even fished the non-digital test out of the garbage can and broke it apart to look at the test strip. I've tried to convince myself that there's a faint, faint pink line, but I'm sure it's either an evaporation line or it's all in my head. I'm back to feverishly googling sh*t on the internet looking for a case like mine that turned out ok and I hate being back here. If I can't get a CCS normal 4AA embryo that was 100% expanding to stick, will anything ever f-ing stick? I just don't know how I'm going to make it through work tomorrow and I absolutely can't take the day off.

I. am. so. tired.

T.

6 comments:

  1. Oh T, I am so hoping that this will turn out differently. I remember that LisainSK had a similar negative and then a positive only at 7dp5dt so there is still hope.

    I do know that many people spot all throughout the first trimester and that is considered normal and brown blood is old so please don't discount that as a sign either way.

    THinking of you as you wait for the beta, I know it can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I hate those HPTs! I'm so sorry it didn't show a line yet but I'm hoping it is just too early! Hang in there, sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for you. I've been there and I hate this feeling. Hoping things turn out differently for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing my fingers for you and hoping its just too early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T...you know your body best and I won't blow sunshine up your behind when you are feeling miserable. But yes, my teeny, tiny faint line came at 7dp5dt...actually I threw it in the garbage and DH fished it out and at the right angle and light there was a line ever ever so slight. I don't like the bleeding you're having but with all the P4 medication its so hard to know what's what. So I'll just say this...I am really sorry you are so discouraged right now. I am hoping things will make a turn for the better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 2ww is the most torturous time period of my life, especially the last few days. You are technically only 11dpo... while too late for implantation, it's OFTEN too soon for a BPF! Keep your faith and I'll say prayers that you get your BFP this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete