Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Mean, Really?

I have a friend, P., who suffered four miscarriages before adopting her son, who is now grown, so you would think that she, of all people, would be sensitive towards my situation. P. is very aware of all I've been through while TTC, knows that I've had bouts of deep depression over my situation, and knows that I recently had my fourth loss. P. invited me to lunch today & proceeded to blindside me with the news that her son & his on-again, off-again-supposedly infertile girlfriend are six weeks pregnant. She then proceeds to tell me that she'd just prayed to God that her son would find the right woman & start a family so that she could be a grandma and, whaddya know, he sure answered my prayers quickly. How lovely for you, but he sure as fuck hasn't answered my prayers or my family's prayers so, gee, ya probably could have left that part out. I literally ran out of the restaurant bawling & have been crying hysterically ever since. I cannot fathom what would have possessed her to tell me five minutes into the pregnancy, in a public place, and in such a way that she clearly hadn't stopped to think that this news might be difficult for me to hear. If anyone reading has that super secret direct line to God, would you please tell him that T. in Texas cannot. take. anymore.

T.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry. That is so insensitive! What she said is wrong on so many levels.
    Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I am so very sorry! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess what makes it so hard, is that she is a Friend - and she really is so insensitive. As it happens a friend of mine told me today that she prayed for a husband - and click- there he was! Life just isn't kind sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs T...so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. I am so tired of being blindsided and people telling me that they or someone they know just prayed and it all worked out for them. Or they just "relaxed" and it worked for them. I am so sick of it :(/ I am so sorry for you and for me that these senseless imbeciles exist in the world. This contributes to me or feeling that I am being punished- although I know this is not the case. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry. That sounds absolutely horrible. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just so wrong, I'm sorry you had to put up with her insensitivity. She has obviously forgotten all the pain associated with her past difficulties. I hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete