Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deja Vu (Beta #1)

My starting betas for my four pregnancies are as follows:

#1 (IUI) - 14 at 14dpo
#2 (IUI) - 9 at 16dpo
#3 (IVF) - 34 at 15dpo
#4 (FET) - 18.3 at 14dpo

I just feel so defeated and so stupid for spending all of this time & money desperately trying to avoid another loss only to be staring that in the face yet again. For whatever reason, my embryos love to implant, they're just too weak to develop normally. I thought that the combination of the supplements and CCRM's magic would work for me, but I was deluding myself.

Every other time my doctor or nurse has called with my first beta, they've told me upfront that my beta was very low. The CCRM nurse that called today was incredibly upbeat & exuberantly congratulated me on being pregnant. For a few seconds I thought that I'd finally gotten my dream of a pregnancy with a fighting chance of being viable. I finally asked her what my beta was (she didn't volunteer the information) and only then did she tell me it was "slightly low" at 18.3. At first I thought I'd misheard her. It was just devastating to be told in that manner. I just thank God that I'd done the HPTs so I was prepared as I could be for a low number. The nurse actually told me they're "cautiously optimistic" and congratulated me on being pregnant before she hung up. I don't get it.

My progesterone is still a tad low at 19.5 so they're adding a suppository at bedtime. Lovely.

Please, I beg of you, please don't share any low beta success stories. That's not what happens to me. With pregnancies #1 & #3, my betas kept barely doubling until they finally gave up on blood tests and waited for the first ultrasound (with #1, nothing was visible & with #3, I ended up seeing the heartbeat a week later than normal & ended up with an emergency D&C due to the amount of bleeding I was having, which was the most traumatic experience of my life). Since I saw a line on the FRER approx. 36 hours before my beta & my beta was only 18.3, I'm hoping it's a sign that this won't be a long, drawn out affair again. It's sad that's what I'm praying for now.

T.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I would have been very angry with the nurse - and have thought that at CCRM they would have trained them better. I know it can be really horrible to be be awaiting an outcome which you suspect will not be good. But please remember you are NOT stupid - you deserve the happiness of motherhood just like everyone else. Sending you happy energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The uncertainty is awful. Hoping you have resolution soon. Fingers crossed for you that it is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry TXGirl that your betas are not higher to bring you encouragement. I agree...this is certainly a precarious situation to be in. I'm hoping your next beta will bring certainty of either way its going. And yeah...a bit insensitive on your nurse's part. Big hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I'm so sorry. I hate the limbo part of it the most for you....you've been through so much.

    I don't get the nurse--that was very odd of her to act like that. I get it that they're not suepr used to dealing with negatives anymore but still...when my CCRM nurse told me my beta was 9 she was horrible and said "well you've been through this before" and then hung up. So I am not always one to sing the praises of CCRM, and not just b/c I didn't find success there.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I understand the feeling of wanting it to be over quickly. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my heart and thoughts, T. Please know that we are here for you. I HATE that this is happening to you. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ut聊聊天室
    ut影音視訊聊聊天室
    小可愛免費視訊
    9158虛擬視訊
    live173視訊
    show live影音視訊網
    showlive影音視訊聊天網
    台灣辣妹視訊聊天室
    成人視訊
    性愛視訊
    QQ聊天交友網站聊聊語音聊天室不夜城美女聊天室歐洲快播18成人倫理104MeMe影音視訊聊天
    同城免費交友網陌生人視頻聊天網站美女裸聊視頻自拍免費午夜秀聊天室免費a片網視訊會議
    免費寂寞交友聊天視頻視頻聊天網站你懂得美女視訊聊天室俄羅斯色圖104MeMe影音視訊聊天
    寂寞富婆同城交友激情聊天網站韓國美女主播聊天室成人變態h小遊戲東亞愛愛網日本視訊
    寂寞美女qq在線視頻聊天網美女視訊一夜情聊天室3D成人之美女動漫遊戲日本視訊免費看

    ReplyDelete